FLOYD T NORRICK – PARTNER AT THURMAN LAW FIRM
Because of more than 35 years of legal experiences during which I have handled numerous and various legal matters, I have substantial experience in consulting with clients as well as litigation. I draw upon those experiences to advise clients regarding their legal issues and to assist them in protecting their rights and interest, whether negotiating a contact, communicating Governmental Entities and other organizations, preparing an Estate Plan, handling litigation or Estate and Trust Administration.
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Business and Corporate Law
- Contract Law
- Real Estate Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Municipal Law
- Supreme Court Appellate Court and Circuit Courts-State of Missouri 1982
- Jefferson County Bar 1982
- US District Court and Bankruptcy Courts 1987
- United States Supreme Court 1987
- BA, Columbia College; 1979
- University of Missouri, Columbia School of Law; 1982
- Mediation Training; 2017
- Member of Jefferson County Bar Association
- Served as President of Jefferson County Bar Association 1995-1996
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of the Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Served as Cub Master, Charter Committee Chairperson, Treasurer and Den Leader of Cub Pack 482, and as an adult leader and Treasurer of Boy Scout Troop 426.
- Served as member of the Board of Directors, President and Treasurer of the Twin City Little League and as a coach for Little League regular season and All-Star teams.
- At church, served as Sunday school teacher, a member and chairperson of nominating committee, and as a member and President of its Board of Directors.
- For the Jefferson County Growth Association, has served on Board of Directors for several terms and has served two years as President.
- Assisted the organizers in forming the Twin City Youth Football Association and the Jefferson County Parks Foundation.
- Member of Elks Lodge #1721.
- Addressed various groups and organizations on legal topics.
- Alpha Chi 1979
- Columbia College Outstanding Graduate 1979
- Law School -Law Review 1980-1982
- Law School – Order of Coif 1982
Mr. Norrick was born in Washington, Indiana in 1957 and was raised in Eureka, Missouri, graduating from Eureka High School in 1975. He then attended Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri where he majored in history and government, and from which he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1979. While attending Columbia College, Mr. Norrick participated in student government, Young Democrats’ Club, and other various student activities. He became a member of Alpha Chi, Missouri Epsilon Chapter. While a student in ColumbiaCollege’s first oral history class, Mr. Norrick collected several oral histories from former Missouri Justices of the Peace, some later became Magistrate Judges. Mr. Norrick was recognized by Columbia College as the outstanding graduate in government for 1978-79.
Mr. Norrick then graduated from the Universityof Missouri, Columbia School of Law in 1982, the same year he was admitted to the Missouri Bar Association. While a law student he was a member of the editorial staff of the Missouri Law Review in 1980-82. His case note “Removal and the Child’s Best Interest in Change of Custody Disputes” was published in the Missouri Law Review, Volume 47, in 1982. He also prepared a comment regarding structured settlements, then a new concept in personal injury law, under the supervision of Elwood Thomas, a practicing attorney who later was appointed to the Missouri Supreme Court. Mr. Norrick was a member of the Order of the Coif, which is restricted to the upper ten percent of the graduating class.
Mr. Norrick joined the firm in 1982 as an associate and became a partner in 1987. While a member of this firm he has represented numerous clients, including matters concerning real estate and land law, business and corporate law, contracts, wills, trusts, estate planning, probate law, personal injury law, workers’ compensation law, social security disability law, domestic law and juvenile law. He has and continues to represent various real estate developers, contractors, subdivision property owner associations, public water, sanitary sewer and fire districts, and individuals and companies organizing business entities and selling or buying businesses and business assets. He also represents owners of rental property, residential and commercial, including mobile home parks, apartment complexes, houses, store front buildings, strip centers and malls.
In addition to all Missouri Circuit and Appellate Courts, Mr. Norrick is licensed to practice in the United States District Court and United States Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of Missouri, the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Norrick became a member of the Missouri and Jefferson County Bar Associations in 1982. He served as president of the Jefferson County Bar Association in 1995-96, after serving as its secretary. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Norrick was married in 1981. His wife, Jan, attended Columbia College and majored in social work. She graduated with a Bachelor of Sciences degree in 1981. They have three children who have graduated high school, are attending or have graduated college. The Norrick’s reside in Festus,Missouri.
Mr. Norrick is active in his community. He has served as Cub Master, Charter Committee Chairperson, Treasurer and Den Leader of Cub Pack 482, and as an adult leader and Treasurer of Boy Scout Troop 426. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors, President and Treasurer of the Twin City Little League and as a coach for Little League regular season and All-Star teams. He has served at First Baptist Church of Festus-Crystal City as a Sunday school teacher, as a member and chairperson of its nominating committee, and as a member and President of its Board of Directors. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of Jefferson County Growth and Development Association, including two years as president. He assisted the organizers in forming the Twin City Youth Football Association and the Jefferson County Parks Foundation. He is a member of Elks Lodge #1721. He has addressed various groups and organizations on legal topics.
To contact Mr. Norrick, please call him at 636.789.2601 or email him at email@example.com.